I spent much of the weekend grinding away at Eldar vehicles. I made some very good progress on these, but was surprised how much more effort they took than I had expected. I suppose this is par for the course… things require more effort and time than planned for.
I am quite happy with what I was able to accomplish over the weekend. None of these vehicles are ‘done’, but they are at a point where I can move on. As time goes on I will revisit these to smooth paint transitions, pull up highlights, and fix wash blobs which occured in some of the shaded areas.
The vypers are the latest addition to my force. The design for these conversions was inspired by the fantastic Hornet models that Forgeworld put out. These are the models which will require the most attention when I have an opportunity to go into a polish phase. I think that some of the weapon mount points will need some additional sculpting work to cover up some ugliness which was a byproduct of my lack of a complete vision when I attacked this conversion.